The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack invites players to explore ancient temples hidden among the cherry blossoms and survive the night at the Great Wall. In this new mash-up, you will be able to visit an exquisitely-created, pre-made world. Wander through the streets of an ancient great city, marvel at the dragons that dwell around the high mountains, contemplate on your crafting within a mythical monastery and just enjoy the view as you walk through fields and discover how mobs would look in ancient China.
This mash-up also brings you 41 new skins to choose from and 13 themed music tracks for your worlds and on top of all that, the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up also includes a very special map for the Battle mini game which we released back in June.
See a video demoing the pack below:
The pack will be available on the 4th October.
Also on the 4th October Microsoft will be delivering a free game update for all Console Editions that will bring even more long-awaited features to your game, such as:
- New mobs: You’ll now find polar Bears (and their babies!) roaming frozen biomes
- New items: Farm beetroots and keep yourself nourished with some healthy beetroot soup
- Banners: Make beautiful banners to hang in your bases and spruce the place up
- New terrain generation: You’ll find Igloos in Arctic biomes, Fossils buried underground, as well as different village paths and materials
- New blocks: End Bricks, Beetroot, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block
The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up for Minecraft: Console Editions will be available on the digital stores for Xbox 360, Xbox One and other consoles for $4.99 USD or local equivalent starting Oct. 4. And as usual, the October Update for Minecraft: Console Editions will be available for free on Oct. 4 as well.
The game itself is $19.99 and can be found in the Windows Store here.