Microsoft’s Android is getting more customisable in version 4.3, which is rolling out via the Play Store now.
The firm initially released this build of the app to beta testers a few weeks ago, but it is now available broadly to general users..
Here’s what’s new :
- Home App Grid – Now you can create a grid with up to 12 columns and 12 rows, you can move apps and widgets to half of the grid cells.
- New user experience – On the welcome page, you can import the layout from another launcher or restore a Microsoft Launcher backup.
- Home – redesign fonts for fonts used for apps and folders names, changed the shape and look of folders on home, the dock supports more than 5 apps, a search bar that can also be placed down to default.
- Settings Enhancements – the chosen theme is also applied to settings, redesigning the settings.
- Apps drag & drop no longer open modification mode.
This is a fairly large update, making the app as customizable as long-time apps Nova and Action Launcher. This, in turn, grants the app further appeal to the power-user base who will then recommend Microsoft’s Launcher to new users.
Microsoft’s Launcher is avaialble from the Google Play Store link below.