Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
We have heard lots of things about the upcoming update for Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in the past. There were reports that IE12 will feature radically new UI, support for extensions and more. Today, there were couple of new reports revealing more info about this upcoming products from Microsoft. Here is the summary of them,
- Microsoft is building a new web browser codenamed Spartan and it is not Internet Explorer 12.
- IE team has forked the Trident engine to create this new browser.
- The new browser will not have compatibility with legacy IE code and it will be light-weight.
- Windows 10 will ship with both IE11 and the new ‘Spartan’ browser.
- The new ‘Spartan’ browser will work fine on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
- Microsoft may provide a sneak peak at this new browser at their press event scheduled in January.
- Microsoft may not include the early version of this browser in Windows 10 Consumer Preview which is expected in January.
- There is a possibility that Microsoft releasing ‘Spartan’ browser for iOS and Android platforms.
Read more about it from the links below.