The 18th annual Microsoft Research Faculty Summit will be held on July 17 and 18 at Redmond, WA. This year’s theme is “The Edge of AI” and it will include keynotes, sessions, panels, and showcased technologies.
Thought leaders and researchers from various disciplines including computer science, social sciences, human design and interactions, and policy will come together to highlight some of the challenges posted by AI and discuss on next gen approaches, techniques, and tools that will be needed to develop AI to solve some of the toughest challenges faced in the world.
Microsoft will also live stream some parts of the event and here are a few highlights of what will be streamed:
- Opening: AI in the Open World with Eric Horvitz, Microsoft, Technical Fellow and Managing Director
- Keynote: Smart Enough to Work With Us? Foundations and Challenges for Teamwork-Enabled AI Systems, with Barbara Grosz, Harvard University
- Research in Focus: Deep Learning Research and the Future of AI, with Yoshua Bengio, University of Montréal
- Research in Focus: Conversational Agents, with Alan Ritter, Ohio State University, Lucy Vanderwende, Microsoft, Senior Researcher and Jason Williams, Microsoft, Principal Researcher
- Fireside Chat with Harry Shum, Microsoft, Executive Vice President, and Christopher Bishop, Microsoft, Technical Fellow and Managing Director
Learn more about this event here.