Microsoft today announced the release of Visual Studio Code July Update (v1.59) with several new features including Live HTML Preview extension w/ JS debugging support, native support for test runners, ability to drag and drop terminals across windows and more. Find the full list of new features below.
- Extensions view improvements – Rich extension detail hovers, new runtime status tab.
- Settings editor validation – Quickly find editing errors for object-based settings.
- Drag and drop terminals – Move terminals across windows to both editor and panel areas.
- Extended theme customization – Customize multiple color themes at once.
- Built-in support for Jupyter notebooks – Open
.ipynbfiles directly in VS Code.
- Notebook UI improvements – Display first line of collapsed cells, Undo/Redo per cell.
- Testing API finalized – Native support for running tests in VS Code with built-in Test Explorer.
- Debug Disassembly view preview – Display disassembled C++ code in VS Code.
- Remote – Containers devcontainer CLI – Command line interface for working with development containers.