Microsoft updated its Office Suite on Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 PC to incorporate new features mostly geared to improve the small screen experience. While we initially reported on the earlier update to Word, the store changelog takes about 6-12 hours after an update so we weren’t able to see exactly what changed till now.
Microsoft Word now has support for Continuum’s second screen mode, this is distinct from using word as a continuum app and more akin to using the Office Remote app to control a document like PowerPoint already supports.
PowerPoint Mobile gains support for PowerPoint Designer – a service that helps you suggest ways to make photographic content in PowerPoint look better.
Finally Excel Mobile picks up optimization for editing spreadsheets on small screens and now allows you to enable grouping and outlining in worksheets.
Check out the full changelogs below and download the apps from the store links below:
- Better editing on smaller screens: Zoom while editing cells.
- Organise your data: Enable grouping/outlining in a worksheet.
- Quickly get to the insights you need: Formulas and cells autocomplete for you. Easily convert a table into a range.
- Use your phone like a PC with Continuum: Enjoy support for second screen phone projection.
- Take the work out of creating stunning presentations: Designer automatically creates the perfect design for you. It’s like having a professional designer at your fingertips.