Microsoft today updated the Microsoft Translator app for iOS devices. This update brings support for extensions which will allow users to translate text and images copied from different iOS apps. To use this feature, tap the iOS share button and select the Translator icon to perform translation.
This update also comes with slower speeds for translation audio-out. Once this feature is enabled, the speed of the spoken translation will be slowed down, making it easier for users to follow and learn. Find the full change log of this update below.
What’s New in Version 3.0.6:
- Slower speeds for translation audio-out
- Extension to translate text copied from different apps
- Extension to translate images copied from different apps
- Additional “emergency” category in Phrasebook
- Improved handling of longer strings
- Bug fixes
Download it here from App Store.