Microsoft Teams is a chat-based collaboration platform that brings your team’s conversations, files, and tools in a single workspace. Earlier this year, we reported that Microsoft is working on a free version of Teams. Just like Slack, Microsoft will allow users to upgrade to premium version whenever they want.
Now the service has launched, available at Office.com/TeamsFree.
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus additional 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated, real-time content creation with Office Online apps, including built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from—including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
Teams (free) is available worldwide in 40 languages. Whether you’re a freelancer, a small business owner, or part of a team inside a large organization, you can start using Teams today.
Read more at Microsoft here.