Microsoft is rebranding Microsoft Studios as Xbox Game Studios. Xbox Game Studios now consists of 13 differemt game development teams which develops games like Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo and Minecraft. These studios will deliver new exclusives, original IP and all-new chapters from existing franchises.
Xbox Game Studios:
- 343 Industries (Halo)
- The Coalition (Gears of War 5)
- Compulsion Games (We Happy Few)
- The Initiative (led by 2013 Tomb Raider boss David Gallagher)
- inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2)
- Minecraft (Minecraft)
- Ninja Theory (DmC: Devil May Cry, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice)
- Obsidian Entertainment (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Playground Games (Forza Horizon)
- Rare (Sea of Thieves)
- Turn 10 Studios (Forza Motorsport)
- Undead Labs (State of Decay)
- Xbox Global Publishing Group
This year, Xbox Game Studios will deliver exclusive games including Crackdown 3, Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It will also release big content updates for games like Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4 and Minecraft.