Microsoft has pushed out an update for the Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10 Insiders on the Release Preview ring.
The update takes the app to version 11805.1001.3.0 and brings the following changes and improvements:
- The Reveal effect returns: After having reintroduced the acrylic effect over the past few days, the Fluent Design is now enriched with the Reveal element [PC + Mobile]
- Changes to the search bar: The search bar is now also hidden by default on a PC, simply the [PC] icon will be displayed. On mobile the size of the bar has been reduced [Mobile]
- Testing of the application grid: Microsoft is trying to improve the display of the app / games grid. On mobile devices with large displays (eg Lumia 950 XL) you will now display 3 applications per line, instead of 2 [PC + Mobile]
- Introducing the back icon: This novelty is mainly designed for Insider users who are testing “Sets” with Windows 10 Redstone 5. The new version of the Microsoft Store has introduced by default the new arrow icon to go back through the pages viewed [PC ]
- Various improvements to the hamburger menu [PC and Mobile]
- Other miscellaneous corrections
The improvements are currently in the Release Preview ring and should, therefore, come to regular users in short order.