Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft and Salesforce today announced partnership to bring Salesforce app and integration to Microsoft Teams. With this new integration, users can access Salesforce records in Teams channels and chat conversations.
This new Salesforce integration will be available to Sales and Service Cloud customers with Enterprise or Unlimited edition at no additional cost.
“By connecting Salesforce CRM with Microsoft Teams, our joint customers can now benefit from a close connection of the chat and workspace capabilities of Teams alongside key information and actions from Salesforce – which makes team collaboration more focused and effective,” said Doug Camplejohn, Sales Cloud Executive Vice President and General Manager, Sales Cloud, Salesforce.
With the Microsoft Teams Integration, Salesforce users can:
- Mention Salesforce records (opportunities, accounts, cases, contacts, and leads) in Teams channels and chats to facilitate collaboration.
- Preview more details about records posted in Teams channels and chats.
- Pin records to Teams channel tabs and chats to make them easier to find
- Edit records directly within Teams.
- Post important conversation moments on the Salesforce Chatter feed of records pinned on Teams channel and chat tabs.
You can download the Salesforce app for Microsoft Teams here.