Microsoft yesterday released the new Visual Studio 2017 RC build 26206 with few improvements and lots of bug fixes. In this latest update, they have simplified the dotnet new project creation process. They have also added support for Redgate SQL Prompt. Find the full change log below.
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core – Creation of projects using
dotnet newis now simplified with the use of a new templating engine. We have also addressed a few other IDE responsiveness issues.
- Redgate SQL Prompt – Visual Studio 2017 now includes Redgate SQL Prompt, which offers SQL code completion as you type.
- Developer Analytics Tools – When publishing to Azure from Visual Studio, Live Metrics are now shown in a notification, and annotations about the publish event are now shown in the Metrics Explorer in the Azure Portal.
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core – Please see fixes in: C# and Visual Basic project systems, NuGet, SDK, MSBuild and CLI.
- Visual Studio terminates unexpectedly when debugging VSIX
- VSIX project build fails
- Packages can now be managed using package references in WPF, WindowsForms and UWP Projects. To do this, enable showing format selection in Tools/Options/NuGet.
- Lack of AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile blocks Visual Studio actions (ArgumentNullException)
- VS2017 RC1 froze while “Ctrl-,” searching for type
- VS 2017 doesn’t restore open documents
- $(SolutionDir) macro at pre-build event gives Undefined when using an existing project
- Assemblies does not show up in the Reference Manager
- Help The viewer command line contains an invalid directory name VisualStudio2015. Please specify a valid name
- Visual Studio terminates unexpectedly when double clicking certain folders
- Fixed a VS responsiveness issue with Xamarin’s MasterDetail template that uses Azure.
- Fixed a VS responsiveness issue where user opens intellisense, applies a filter with an Alt + Access key and closes intellisense simultaneously.
- Fixed Nuget Restore operation issue in scenarios where a project uses both PackageReference elements to manage NuGet packages, and has a reference to another project in the solution.
You can download the RC build here.