Microsoft yesterday released the October feature update for Office 2016 for Mac to Office Insider Slow ring users. The v15.27 (161003) update includes more functions in Excel, the ability to trip audio and video files in PowerPoint and more. Find the full change log below.
- More functions: In Excel, use CONCAT or TEXTJOIN to shorten your text formulas, or try the forecasting functions to help you see the future. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- Trim audio and video files: In PowerPoint, trim unwanted content from the beginning or the end of your audio or video files. You can also trigger an animation by using a bookmark in your media file. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- Make sure your notes are accessible: In OneNote, find and fix accessibility issues in your notes using the Accessibility Checker on the Tools menu.
- Try our new designs: In OneNote, we’ve made some changes to help you get around your notes. Check them out by turning on Preferences > General > Enable experimental features, and let us know what you think!
If you haven’t signed up for Office Insider on Mac yet, here’s how you do it:
- Open an Office 2016 for Mac application.
- Click Help > Check for Updates.
- In the Microsoft AutoUpdate dialog box, select the Join the Office Insider program to get early access to new releases check box.