Microsoft today released the October firmware update for Surface 2 devices. This update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 10/14/2014” when you view your update history. It includes several improvements including reliability and compatibility with a Surface Pro Type Cover, user experience with a Surface cover and more.
Find the full change log below,
- Surface 2 UEFI update (v4.22.500) addresses case where the battery drains under the 0% level and will not charge.
- System Aggregator Firmware update (v1.0.51500.0) increases the overall reliability and compatibility with a Surface Pro Type Cover.
- Surface Platform Power Driver update (v2.0.716.0) adjusts the minimum charge current to address the case where the battery drains under the 0% level and will not charge, and enhances the overall system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device update (v2.0.671.0) enhances the user experience with a Surface cover.
- Audio and Display driver set (v220.127.116.1122) improves sound and video display performance, and resolves the case where a display driver caused system instability on resuming the system from sleep.
- Surface Cover Click (v2.0.643.0) update enhances the user experience when connecting/disconnecting a Surface Pro Type Cover.
- Surface Type Cover Filter Device (v2.0.682.0) adds support for a Japanese Surface Pro Type Cover on non-Japanese Surface 2 models.
Download the update from Windows Store.