Microsoft today announced that they are bringing team news to SharePoint home in Office 365. Users will be able to read news from across the sites they are active in, sites they follow, as well as other news suggested by the intelligence of Microsoft Graph. Microsoft today also announced support for new web parts that will allow anyone to create impactful pages and team news posts.
- Power BI (preview) | include dynamic, visual data in your page or news article. Simply paste a URL to an existing Power BI report and the interactive data flows in context for your reader.
- Link | share links to external and internal pages and documents. The Link web part shows a preview — with image, title and text snippet; no more blue links.
- Image Gallery | share collections of pictures on a page using a tile or carousel layout.
- Bing Maps | add a map to your page. Simply enter an address or a well-known location name, and your map dynamically appears.
- Quick Chart | create a simple chart to present data. Enter your data points with labels, pick your chart type, and publish.
This updated News experience on SharePoint home is coming to First Release customers in the coming days and worldwide rollout is expected in the coming months.