Microsoft today released a system firmware update for Surface Pro 3 devices. Usually, Microsoft releases firmware updates once in a month during patch Tuesdays. This week’s update includes features to display BIOS password state and asset tag information, as well as improving boot times in some scenarios.
This week’s firmware update:
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 8/19/2014” when you view your update history.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v126.96.36.199) adds features to display BIOS password state and asset tag information, as well as improving boot times in some scenarios.
Last week’s firmware update:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v188.8.131.52) improved support for Surface Power Cover.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v184.108.40.206) improved support for Surface Power Cover and enhances overall system stability.
- Microsoft LifeCam Front (v5.20.1034.0) significantly improves power consumption during video chat such as Skype, supports Flash camera streaming in Internet Explorer, and improves overall functionality and stability.
- Surface Ethernet Adapter (v8.14.0704.2014) improved support for the gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter.