Microsoft is releasing a new Holograms app for those in the Windows 10 Creators Update. The Holograms app has been available to Insiders for a while now, but it was just a placeholder before. However, Microsoft rolled out a new update for the app yesterday, and it’s no longer a placeholder app.
It is worth noting that the new Holograms app is specifically for the Windows Mixed Reality Portal in the Creators Update. With the Holograms app, users can essentially place holograms in the Mixed Reality environment on the Mixed Reality Portal. For instance, you can place a hologram of a dog on the mixed reality environment or even an astronaut. Once the holograms are placed, you can move them around, resize them and play around with them just like you would with a normal window in Windows Mixed Reality.
Some of the features of the app include:
- Select holograms from an exciting gallery, including characters, animals, and funky furniture.
- Place, move, resize, and rotate holograms in your space.Use the
- holographic label maker to add text to your space.
- Use voice commands to manipulate your holograms.
- Look for animated holograms that move and make noises when you hit play.
You can get a closer look at the Holograms app in the video below:
And you can get the app from the Windows Store below on your Windows 10 device. Keep in mind that the app won’t work if you open normally — instead, you will have to open it up from the Mixed Reality Portal’s simulated environment in the Windows 10 Creators Update.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh4332p]