Microsoft has released the June Cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile 1511. The new update bumps the operating system up to 10586.420, and brings with it a number of bug fixes.
Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Improvements to the Maps app, including better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced amount of time it takes some phones to completely power off after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Fix for a problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fix for a problem that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
You can download the new update by going to Settings -> Update and Security -> Phone Update, and checking for updates.