Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft has released the June Cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile 1511. The new update bumps the operating system up to 10586.420, and brings with it a number of bug fixes.
Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem that sometimes resulted in a crash when performing a search, and corrections to inaccurate times after Daylight Savings Time (DST) on meeting cards and reminders.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while syncing mail using IMAP.
- Improvements to the Maps app, including better stability, improved accuracy, and reduced latency with driving directions.
- Improved reliability of syncing text messages from the phone to the cloud.
- Reduced amount of time it takes some phones to completely power off after “Goodbye” disappears.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones unable to install keyboard and languages without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Reduced the number of days a phone can go without restarting to receive an update from 14 days to 7 days.
- Fix for a problem that caused the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fix for a problem that caused Project My Screen to stop working on some phones.
You can download the new update by going to Settings -> Update and Security -> Phone Update, and checking for updates.