Several reviews of Surface Pro X which were published this week mentioned about less than expected battery life and poor system stability. Microsoft has now released the first firmware update for Surface Pro X device. This November 2019 update will improve battery life and system stability. You can find the full list of available updates below.
- Surface UEFI– Firmware: 3.444.140.0 improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware: 188.8.131.52 improves battery performance.
- Surface Pro X Integration – System devices: 184.108.40.206 improves stability when in hibernation.
- Microsoft SQ1 Adreno 685 GPU – Display Adapters: 26.18.800.0 improves system stability.
- Surface Pro X Power Engine Plug-in Device: 1.0.0800.0 improves system stability.
Last month, Microsoft announced the new Surface Pro X, an ARM-powered device running full Windows 10. Instead of using a generic Snapdragon processor, Microsoft partnered with Qualcomm to create a custom SQ1 chipset to power this device. Despite being the thinnest Surface, the Surface Pro X offers decent performance and great visual experience through its virtually edge-to-edge 13” touchscreen. You can make Surface Pro X a full laptop with Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard and Slim Pen. The new Surface Pro X went on sale early this week and it is available in following variants and you can order it from Amazon today.
- Surface Pro X 8GB RAM/128GB SSD – $999
- Surface Pro X 8GB RAM/256GB SSD – $1299
- Surface Pro X 16GB RAM/256GB SSD – $1499
- Surface Pro X 16GB RAM/512GB SSD – $1799
- Surface Pro X Keyboard – $139
- Surface Slim Pen – $145