Microsoft today released a new firmware update for the Lumia 950 and the Lumia 950 XL. With the latest update, Microsoft is adding a new feature and a couple of other improvements. One of the most notable features in this update is the new Double Tap To Wake feature which was a much-requested feature. Alongside Double Tap To Wake, Microsoft has also added improvements for Wi-Fi, Cellular, and Bluetooth Connectivity. In addition to this, the update also introduces improvements for the Camera, which improves the image quality, video quality, and auto-focus. Here is the full changelog:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
For those wondering, the latest firmware update is version 01078.00053.16236.35xxx. To install it, just head over to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. However, keep in mind that the update may not be available depending on your region or your carrier.
Thanks for the tip, Viktor!