Today Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in them blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
- Microsoft fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Microsoft is partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Microsoft is continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. Microsoft is investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer colour might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Microsoft is investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
Other Updates for Insiders
In Build 18342, Microsoft announced that Windows Sandbox now supports configuration files. These files allow users to configure some aspects of the sandbox, such as vGPU, networking and shared folders. You can read about all the details here in this blog post!
Windows 10 Insiders in the Fast Ring can download the update by Checking for Updates in Settings.