If you are one of the bravest of the brave Microsoft has a new Insider Preview Build of Windows 10, Build 18242 (19H1) for Skip Ahead users.
The build brings the following General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in the background of notifications and the Action Center losing color and becoming transparent in the last two flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- The Emoji Panel is now draggable if you would like to move it to a different position.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- Some Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead may notice differences when using the Japanese IME in today’s build. Microsoft is trying something out and will have more details about it later. If you have any feedback about your experience when using the IME, please let Microsoft know via Feedback Hub.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn’t play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello spending more time in the “Getting Ready” state in recent builds.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- Microsoft fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn’t displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
It also has the following known issues:
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
Developers may also run into this additional issue:
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
Skip Ahead Windows 10 Insiders can download the new build by Checking for Updates in Settings.