Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Today Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19023 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
The update contains the following general changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft resolved an issue where, if a build attempted to download and install before you had completed the first log in of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you would experience a 2-hour window before you could install this new build.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in a lag processing input when running a video fullscreen.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the quick action section in the Action Center was slightly off-center in the last few builds.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that could result in Cortana’s voice activation setting switching from on back to off after explorer.exe restarted, or if you rebooted your PC.
- Microsoft removed the downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. It is still available via Storage Settings.
- Microsoft has identified an issue preventing Sandbox and WDAG from working. If you rely on these features, you may consider pausing updates before taking this build. Microsoft know what’s causing this issue, and we’re working hard to get another flight out with the fix as quickly as possible.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, Microsoft have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- Microsoft has heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. Microsoft is looking into the issue.
- Microsoft is investigating reports that certain fingerprint readers are no longer working as of Build 19013. If you’re impacted, for now you’ll need to log in with a password instead–appreciate your patience.
Besides the above changes, Microsoft is also conducting an experiment related to how Microsoft deliver driver updates through Windows Update. During this experiment, drivers categorized as “optional” will not be automatically downloaded and installed on Windows Insider’s PCs running 20H1 Build 18980 and newer. To install any new optional drivers available for a PC that’s involved in this experiment (including drivers for new devices that might get plugged in to a PC), Insiders can go to Settings > Windows Update > Optional Updates and manually download these drivers. This experiment will be running now through November 25th, 2019.
Windows 10 Insiders in the Fast Ring can update by checking for Updates in Settings.