If you specialize in supporting Microsoft technologies and you like to stay up to date with the latest news in your field, besides following this site Microsoft has now also released a cross platform app for Windows, Windows phone and Android, with iOS on the way, to do just that.
The app, called Microsoft Tech Companion, offers news on products, features and upcoming events and features:
- Access news and topics from virtually anywhere using either your Phone or Tablet.
- Stay up-to-date with news and events that interest you.
- Customizable feeds – Define feeds around products, terms, features, and functions. Turn them into live tiles that alert you with updates and customize the tiles with a splash of color.
- Bookmarks – Save a specific news topic, library article or blog in the application to easily find it again in the future (and be alerted when it has been updated).
- Streaming news – Microsoft news, events, you name it; it all streams to the app’s news reader.
- Always with you – Sign in with your Microsoft ID and your settings will sync to every device installed with the app.
- Search Microsoft all at once.
- Search through blogs, wikis, and library topics.
- Filter results by source and/or product and version.
- Save your searches for future reference.
- Stay up-to-date on a specific subject that interests you. Turn your searches into custom feeds.
- Share content with friends and colleagues.
The app can be found at the links below.