Lending credence to the belief that Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.29 is the RTM version of the software, Microsoft has just started pushing out the OS build to all Lumia 550, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL handsets, whether they are part of the Insider program or not.
The update is going out to handsets which are both unlocked and purchased from carriers, suggesting that Microsoft is no longer waiting for carriers to approve their software, which is of course a great move.
Over 10586.0, which the Lumia 550, 950 and Lumia 950 XL ships with, the 10586.29 brings:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
The update is Over the Air, but owners can check for updates in settings to see if it available to them right now.
Update: The update is also rolling out to Lumia 550 owners.