Microsoft today released PowerToys v0.37.2. The stability update brings fixes for crashes discovered in testing, including one which would cause Explorer to restart.
PowerToys v0.37.2 brings:
- #11068 – Power Rename freezes & resets explorer.exe after latest update
- #11162 – Event handle leak in PowerToys.KeyboardManagerEngine.exe
The full version 0.37.0 changelog reads:
- Editor UX bug fixes.
- Monitor resolution is added to the top to directly infer the boxes on top are your monitors
- Fix for editor crash when editing a custom layout
- Option added for capitalization.
- Improved loading responsiveness with large sums of files.
- Changed XAML to improve rendering.
- Disabled plugins are no longer loaded
- VS Code plugin workspaces showing up now.
- Now an independent exe. This now runs high priority in its own process. When your CPU is under load, this should allow the process to continue to be prioritized
- uses a centralized keyhook. This should improve activation
- Esc for closing will no longer bubble through.
Settings / Welcome to PowerToys
- Shortcuts will stand out more
- Few accessability bugs fixed.
Excluded apps for Shortcut Guide.
- new arg for starting PT after silent install
Developer quality of life
- Ability to directly debug against Settings
Find the utility at Microsoft here.