Microsoft updated its Photos app for Windows 10. The update has introduced s set of new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Taking the app to version 2019.19061.14540.0., the update introduces a new graphic layout. Also, the Photos app will now let you create a local backup copy of your for your video every video project you make. You can see the changelog below.
- New graphic layout for the app – The entire app uses a new graphic layout for the upper part, which is now a solid color and no longer uses transparency.
- The sections above remain the same, but are reordered: Collection, Album, Contacts and Folders remain on the left, while Video Projects is separated from the other items.
- The smart search bar is brought next to the app section names and is slightly narrower than before.
- The controls for the storyboard elements of the video projects have all been aligned to the right.
- Web switcher account – The switcher account already present on Microsoft websites is now used.
- Create project backup – For each video project you can create a local backup copy, which you can import into the Photos app.
- Add-on media engine Photos – This add-on will be downloaded automatically with the installation of the latest version of the Photos app.
- The entire app has been speeded up and the performance has been increased.
- Bug fixes and various improvements.
It’s worth noting that the new update is available to users only on the Skip Ahead ring.
You can download/update Microsoft photos app from the below link.