Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Mojang Studios, the maker of the popular Minecraft game, have been using AWS (Amazon Web Services) for several years now. Even before Microsoft acquisition, Mojang was using AWS for Minecraft Realms. Mojang was using the following AWS services.
- Amazon EC2 for compute power.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) for file storage.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) for database storage.
- Amazon S3 for object storage and backup.
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing to distribute incoming requests.
After becoming part of Microsoft, Mojang Studios continued to AWS for few years, but they have been migrating all cloud services to Azure over the last few years. Today, Mojang confirmed that they will complete the migration of Minecraft to Azure by end of this year.