A new wireless keyboard and a mouse from Microsoft have recently passed through the FCC, hinting at an imminent launch.
As suggested by the FCC listing, the wireless keyboard is going to have a model number 1898, while the model number of the Mouse will be 1929. The FCC certification of these new products is coming only a few months prior to Microsoft’s Surface event, which is all set to take place in New York City on October 2.
However, whether these new FCC approved products are completely new or an upgrade to the existing Microsoft Surface Keyboard and mouse is not exactly known.
While there is a strong possibility that the new Wireless Keyboard and Mouse will be launched at the October 2 event, a change in the plan shouldn’t surprise you.
Aside from the mouse and keyboard, we are expecting the following new hardware from Microsoft.
- Surface Pro 7 with latest Intel 10th gen processors and USB-C support.
- Surface Laptop 3 with latest Intel 10th gen processors and USB-C support.
- Surface Book 3 with latest Intel 9th gen processors and USB-C support.
- Surface device based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx processor with LTE support.
Microsoft might also announce the following:
- Surface Go 2 with improved performance and battery life.
- Dual-screen Surface device which was demoed early this year to Microsoft employees.