Microsoft yesterday announced a number of updates for the OneNote Class Notebook add-in to make OneNote even more compelling in the classrooms. They announced new LMS and SIS assignment and grade integration for Edsby. Edsby is a popular learning and analytics platform available for K-12, engaging students, parents and teachers on all of their devices.
They also announced assignment and grade integration improvements with Schoology and Skooler. Teachers can give students stickers in OneNote—as well as easily add a personalized message to the sticker. Microsoft is announcing two new sticker packs today: Silly Supplies and Cacti Friends.
Microsoft is also releasing updated OneNote Desktop Learning Tools add-in which improves reading comprehension by:
- Improved Syllables accuracy for English.
- Added Syllables functionality for four new languages—French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Improved word detection and highlighting for Chinese and Japanese.
- Transition to HelpShift for Support email.
- Noun, verb and adjective highlighting will be coming to Spanish, French, German and Italian later this summer.
Another huge update they announced yesterday is the availability of Researcher on OneNote. Researcher will help students to research an essay topic, create outlines and add sources without leaving the OneNote. Researcher requires an Office 365 subscription.
Learn more about this update here.