Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Azure ExpressRoute allows organizations to connect their on-premises networks with the Microsoft cloud over a private connection provided by a connectivity provider. These ExpressRoute connections offer more reliability, better speeds, consistent latencies, and improved security than regular connections over the Internet. There are several ExpressRoute connectivity providers around the world. Microsoft today announced that Azure ExpressRoute now supports satellite connectivity. ExpressRoute for satellites connects with satellite provider’s ground stations using a dedicated private link. SES, Intelsat and Viasat are the initial satellite partners who will offer ExpressRoute connectivity.
Azure ExpressRoute with satellite connectivity offers the following:
- Using satellite connectivity with ExpressRoute provides dedicated and highly available, private access directly to Azure and Azure Government clouds.
- ExpressRoute provides predictable latency through well-connected ground stations, and, as always, maintains all traffic privately on our network – no traversing of the Internet.
- Customers and partners can harness Microsoft’s global network to rapidly deliver data to where it’s needed or augment routing to best optimize for their specific need.
- Satellite and a wide selection of service providers will enable rich solution portfolios for cloud and hybrid networking solutions centered around Azure networking services.
- With some of the world’s leading broadband satellite providers as partners, customers can select the best solution based on their needs. Each of the partners brings different strengths, for example, choices between Geostationary (GEO), Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) and in the future Low Earth Orbit(LEO) satellites, geographical presence, pricing, technology differentiation, bandwidth, and others.
- ExpressRoute over satellite creates new channels and reach for satellite broadband providers, through a growing base of enterprises, organizations and public sector customers.