Microsoft today announced some new features for its business Office 365 customers. The company today introduced some new Office 365 communications services which will “modernize” voice, video, as well as meeting experiences.
The company has added some new communications services, which makes Skype for Business event better for business customers. With the latest update, Microsoft is adding PSTN Conferencing, Skype Meeting Broadcast, and more:
- PSTN Conferencing provides the flexibility to dial in to a meeting from a traditional phone, in addition to the existing ability to join a meeting with a single click on your PC or mobile device.
- Skype Meeting Broadcast makes it easier than ever to produce large virtual meetings for up to 10,000 meeting attendees, who can join from virtually any browser or device (see it in action). Now Skype for Business truly is a single platform for every type of meeting.
- Cloud PBX enables companies to eliminate separate PBX systems and transition to the cloud with Office 365 as the central location to manage users for communication and
- With PSTN Calling, Office 365 customers can also subscribe to Microsoft managed calling plans and phone numbers, starting in the U.S. with more markets coming later.
The company has released a new video showing how Skype for Business can simplify communications in the cloud, take a look:
Alongside the new improvements for Skype for Business, Microsoft is also adding improved security and data analytics capabilities in Office 365 for its business customers. The company is releasing Delve Analytics, as well as Power BI, and some more new features:
- Delve Analytics—Empowers individuals through rich dashboards that provide insights on time and relationships, with the goal of helping individuals get time back and spend it effectively.
- Power BI—A business analytics service that enables information workers to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency and understanding through live data dashboards, interactive reports and compelling visualizations.
- Customer Lockbox—Gives customers new approval rights, transparency and control over their data in the cloud.
- Advanced eDiscovery—Integrates Equivio machine learning, predictive coding and text analytics capabilities, to reduce the costs and challenges that come along with sorting through large quantities of data for eDiscovery purposes.
- Advanced Threat Protection—Protects against unknown malware and viruses by applying behavioral analysis.
These new features for Office 365 are indeed, quite impressive and should be very useful for businesses. If you are an Office 365 business user, you will be able to try out these new features starting today.