At Ignite 2018 last month, Microsoft announced the general availability of Office 2019 for Windows and Mac that comes with the updated versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Access, and Publisher.
Back in July, Microsoft announced that Office 2019 commercial prices will increase 10 percent over Office 2016 on-premises pricing. Today, Computer World pointed out that Microsoft has quietly increased the price of Office 2019 for consumers as well. Office Home & Business edition now costs $249.99, a 9% increase from previous version. And the Office 2019 Professional edition now costs $439.99, a 10% increase from previous version.
Read about the new features that are part of the Office 2019 release below:
- Black theme
- Learning tools (captions and audio descriptions)
- Speech feature (text-to-speech)
- Improved inking functionality
- Accessibility improvements
- Funnel charts, 2D maps, and timelines
- New Excel functions and connectors
- Ability to publish Excel to PowerBI
- PowerPivot enhancements
- PowerQuery enhancements
- Zoom capabilities for ordering of slides within presentations
- Morph transition feature
- Ability to insert and manage Icons, SVG, and 3D models
- Improved roaming pencil case
- Updated contact cards
- Office 365 Groups
- Focused inbox
- Travel and delivery summary cards
You can order them from Microsoft Store using the links below.
Source: Computer World