Microsoft is rolling out a new update to the Microsoft Edge browser for the iPhone. The updated app comes with improved performance and a lot of bug fixes, which should improve the overall experience of the app for users. More specifically, the update includes some battery usage improvements that will help save your iPhone’s battery life.
Microsoft says it has received reports from users about their phone heating up while using Edge, and today’s update should address that issue. The update also brings improvements to the swipe left/right to go back/forward in webpages to make it more reliable. Here’s the full changelog:
- Battery usage optimization: some of you told us that your phone heats up or otherwise consumes more battery when you use Edge. We looked under the hood and found a few optimizations. Let us know if you continue to experience high battery consumption.
- Improved left/right swiping to go back and forth between pages.
- Added support for actions and activities extensions, such as sharing sites, saving sites to Notes, adding sites to Pocket, etc.
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs!
- Note: we have some issues with desktop view that we’re working on. Thank you for your support!
Microsoft Edge for the iPhone is available as a preview and you can grab it here.
Thanks for the tip, Mohammad!