Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Microsoft today released the new v95.0.1020.0 build for Edge Dev channel users. This new build comes with the ability to annotate PDFs with freeform text, Windows 11-style visual updates and several bug fixes. Find the full change log of Edge Dev Channel build below.
Added features and bug fixes:
- Features enabled by default:
- Windows 11-style visual updates (note that these are still in development).
- The ability to annotate PDFs with freeform text.
- The ability for PDFs to restore what page they were on when they are re-opened.
- The ability to annotate web captures with ink.
- Management policies (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to control if Intranet File Links are Enabled, which controls if file: URLs located on intranet pages will open File Explorer.
- Enabled support for the policy from Chromium to control if Cross Origin Web Assembly Module Sharing is Enabled.
- Enabled support for the policy from Chromium to control if the Display Capture Permissions Policy is Enabled.
- Improved support for opening local files in the browser on iOS.
Edge Dev Improved Reliability:
- Fixed a crash when using Password Generator.
- Fixed a crash when using the Web Widget.
- Fixed a crash when navigating in an IE mode tab.
- Fixed a crash when using Tab Groups.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with info bars.
- Fixed a crash when closing an autofill popup.
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash when the device orientation changes.
- Fixed a crash when signing into the browser.
- Fixed a crash on older versions of iOS.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where checking for updates in Settings sometimes crashes Settings.
- Fixed an issue where certain applications installed on the device cause all tabs to crash as soon as they’re opened.
- Fixed a hang when opening Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a hang when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue on certain flavors of Linux where the browser won’t open.
- Fixed another issue where users are signed out of the browser after updating the browser.
- Fixed an issue where video volume sometimes gets reset to max.
- Fixed an issue where Favorites sometimes can’t be clicked.
- Fixed an issue where importing certain data from other browsers fails.
- Fixed an issue where Travel Search Assistance doesn’t appear when it should.
- Fixed an issue where Travel recommendations don’t appear in places they should.
- Fixed an issue where the Define card sometimes doesn’t disappear when it should.
- Fixed an issue where certain banner UI can’t be interacted with or closed.
- Fixed an issue where the link to try the HTTP version of a webpage on the error page that appears when the HTTPS version of the page isn’t available doesn’t actually try navigating to the HTTP version of the website.
- Fixed an issue where PDF titles as shown in the browser tab are garbled.
- Fixed an issue where pinned websites sometimes become unpinned after updating the browser.
- Fixed an issue on older versions of Windows where browser installation fails.
- Fixed an issue where free text annotation on PDFs doesn’t work at the edges of the page.
- Fixed an issue where download notifications sometimes aren’t shown in popup windows.
- Fixed an issue where Jumplist actions are missing from PWAs or websites installed as apps on Windows 11.
- Fixed an issue where InPrivate sometimes can’t be used.
- Fixed an issue where the sign in screen gets stuck when signing into the browser.
- Fixed an issue on Android where menus sometimes don’t work when another app is split-screen with the browser.
- Fixed an issue where passwords can’t be edited or deleted because nothing on the Passwords Settings page works.
- Fixed an issue where Rewards don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the button to enter Immersive Reader sometimes isn’t visible when it should be.
- Obsoleted the management policy to control if Internet Explorer Integration Testing is Allowed.
- Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed. See this help article for more details.
- Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it.
- Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load. This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users are still seeing favorites get duplicated. This issue should be reduced now that automatic deduplication has been introduced into Insider channels, but we’re still rolling that out in Stable. We’ve also seen duplication happen when running the manual deduplicator on multiple machines before either machine has a chance to fully sync its changes, so make sure to leave plenty of time in between runs of the deduplicator.
- Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other. Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices. This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
This Edge Dev channel update should download and install directly but in case it doesn’t then you can head to the Edge settings and manually update the browser.