In the latest update to the Canary ring of the new Edge browser, Microsoft made a number of improvements to the Edge Collections feature.
Collections is a general-purpose tool that allows you to collect, organize, export, and share content you find on the web.
For example, if you are looking to buy a laptop, you will probably visit numerous websites before ordering one. Collections will help you in comparing laptops available on different websites. If you’re a student, Collections will help you organize your web research and create your lesson plans or reports. If you’re planning for a trip, Collections will help pull together all your trip or event information in one location. Collections can also be used to set aside a browser session.
The update allows you to change the background colour of your notes and add notes to individual items.
2. Add notes to individual items pic.twitter.com/sGFbVxlesy
— Candice Poon (@candicepoon) May 7, 2020
Edge collections have gained the following features over the current year.
- Access your collections across your devices: When you are signed into Microsoft Edge builds with the same profile on different computers, Collections will sync between them.
- Open all links in a collection into a new window: “Open all” from the “Sharing and more” menu to open tabs in a new window, or from the context menu on a collection to open them as tabs in the current window so you can easily pick up where you left off.
- Edit card titles: To edit a title, right-click and choose “Edit” from the context menu. A dialogue will appear giving you the ability to rename the title.
- Dark theme in Collections: Edge Collections offer a great Dark Theme experience.
- Sharing a collection: One way you can a collection today is through the “Copy all” option added to the “Sharing and more” menu, or by selecting individual items and copying them via the “Copy” button in the toolbar.
- Save your tabs to a collection: You can now quickly save all your tabs and reopen them using Collections. To save your tabs to a collection, simply right-click on a tab and select Add all tabs to a new collection. Tabs in your active window will be added to a new collection with the option to rename it. To reopen those tabs, right-click on the collection and select either to open the items in the current window, a new window, or an InPrivate window.
You can download the Edge Canary browser from Microsoft here.