Today Microsoft released Microsoft Edge Beta Build 91.0.864.11 is out, as part of their regular 6-weekly update cycle.
This is the first Beta release build on Chromium 91.
The Beta channel is considered to be the most stable preview channel, only releasing features well tested in the Canary and Dev version of the browser. The last major release was on March 16th, with more minor bug fixes since.
Microsoft has not updated the release notes yet, but new features are expected to include on-demand password generation, password monitor, MathsHelper, and better theme support.
Update: The full changelog is now available which can be seen below:
Edge Beta Version 91.0.864.11 changelog
- Identify network traffic originating from Microsoft Defender Application Guard containers at the proxy level. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, there’s built in support to tag network traffic originating from Application Guard containers, allowing enterprises to identify them and apply specific policies.
- Support option to allow synchronizing Favorites from the host to the Edge Application Guard container. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, users have the option to configure Application Guard to synchronize their favorites from the host to the container. This ensures new favorites appear on the container as well.
- ‘Current Page’ option for printing PDF documents. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, we have added support for printing just the current page in view for PDF documents. You can do this by selecting the ‘Current Page’ option under the ‘Pages’ section in print dialog.
- Support for Speech Recognition APIs. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, API support for speech recognition commands on Google.com and similar sites will be added. This feature is limited to a randomly selected group of users who have enabled experimentation. These users are giving feedback to the feature team.
- Personalize your browser with new theme colors. Make Microsoft Edge your own with one of the fourteen new theme colors on the Settings -> Appearance page. You can also install custom themes from the Microsoft Edge Add-on site. Learn more
Six new policies were added. Download the updated Administrative Templates from the Microsoft Edge Enterprise landing page. The following new policies were added:
- ApplicationGuardTrafficIdentificationEnabled – Application Guard Traffic Identification
- NewTabPageContentEnabled – Allow Microsoft News content on the new tab page
- NewTabPageQuickLinksEnabled – Allow quick links on the new tab page
- ProactiveAuthEnabled – Enable Proactive Authentication
Edge Beta can be downloaded at Microsoft here.