Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft yesterday detailed the new update for Internet Explorer developer tools in Windows 10 Build 9926. Microsoft will bring these same enhancements to Project Spartan. As we saw in the last month update, the F12 tools navigation interface has been modified from a vertical layout to a text-based horizontal layout, removing the icons and replacing them with the tool’s names. This change is now part of the F12 developer tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
It also includes the following new features,
- Ability to change the zoom level on the UI. Using the Ctrl + + and Ctrl + – keyboard shortcuts, you can now increase or decrease the zoom.
- Added the ability to add XHR breakpoints. When enabled, the debugger will break whenever all the response data is available (readyState property equals 4). You can enable XHR breakpoints directly on the Breakpoints pane.
- We have added CSS source maps support to the tools so that when using LESS or SASS to build our Web site or app, you can now view and navigate to the LESS or SASS source file directly, rather than the generated CSS file. The tools will now display links to the original LESS or SASS files directly in the DOM Explorer tool.
- Added a “View in DOM Explorer” feature to allow you to quickly move from a selected DOM element in the Console tool, to the actual node in the DOM Explorer.
- The preview comes with an entirely refreshed and updated Network tool. This tool not only has all the previous features in a cleaner, more easily understood way, but we’ve included many requests from developers, such as auto-start capturing and content type filtering.
Read more about it here.