Back in March, Microsoft first announced that it will release Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac. Following internal testing and private preview, Microsoft yesterday announced the public preview of Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac. Based on the feedback from customers during the private preview period, Microsoft has made the following improvements to the product.
- Enhanced accessibility
- Improved performance
- improved client product health monitoring
- Localization into 37 languages
- Improved anti-tampering protections
- Feedback and samples can now be submitted via the interface.
- Product health can be queried with JAMF or the command line.
- Admins can set their cloud preference for any location, not just for those in the US.
Microsoft Defender ATP on Mac can run on devices running macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, or macOS Sierra. During the preview period, Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac will allow end users to review and perform configuration of their protection, including:
- Running scans, including full, quick, and custom path scans (we recommend quick scans in nearly all scenarios)
- Reviewing detected threats
- Taking actions on threats, including quarantine, remove, or allow
You can learn more about Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac here.