Microsoft today announced the expansion of Microsoft Applications Bounty Program to Microsoft Teams mobile apps. With this expansion, security researchers will be able to earn up to $30,000 by reporting any high impact security vulnerabilities in Teams mobile applications.
Microsoft Teams bounty details:
- Scenario-Based Bounty Awards: Rewards from $15,000 to $30,000 USD for 2 scenario-based awards focused on vulnerabilities that have the highest potential impact on customer privacy and security.
- General Bounty Awards: Rewards from $500 to $15,000 USD for other eligible vulnerability reports for Teams iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Teams Desktop: Submissions for Teams desktop client will continue to be awarded under the Applications Bounty Program.
- Teams Online: Submissions for Teams online services will continue to be awarded under the Online Services Bounty Program.
- Researcher Recognition Program Points: Valid reports for Microsoft Teams mobile application research are eligible for a 2x bonus multiplier under the Researcher Recognition Program. Points earned contribute toward your eligibility for the annual MSRC Most Valuable Security Researcher list.