Microsoft today announced that Azure IoT Hub has been awarded several major compliance certifications for the public cloud. Compliance certifications are critical for using cloud services in a variety of industry verticals such as healthcare, finance, and energy management. With this recent round of audits, Azure IoT Hub is compliant with the following:
- SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, and SOC 3 for applications in which confidentiality and privacy of information stored and processed in the cloud is critical
- CSA Star Attestation for cloud security across multiple control areas
- HIPAA compliance for healthcare applications
- ISO 22301, ISO 27001, and ISO 27018 for international safety, reliability, and data privacy standards
- Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standard (PCI)?for applications involving payment data
Azure IoT Hub is already built on the enterprise-grade regulatory, compliance and portfolio requirements of the Azure cloud platform, which are needed to do business with most rigorous industries. In fact, Azure has more certifications and attestations than any other major public cloud provider.
Microsoft highlighted that all the new certifications of our current IoT Hub security and compliance offerings were conducted by rigorous review through an independent third party assessing multiple criteria, including: security standards, regulations, control frameworks, and data privacy controls.