Microsoft today announced the rollout of modern SharePoint lists to SharePoint Online, along with one-click integration of PowerApps and Microsoft Flow. New SharePoint lists provide a new way for users to collaborate on structured data directly from their team site to help teams organize content.
Modern SharePoint lists features:
- Improve ease of use by empowering users to add columns to lists and sort, filter and group data in place.
- Elevate data quality by viewing and editing all item details in the information panel without leaving the list.
- Improve productivity by bulk editing list items with Quick Edit.
- Automate simple business processes with versions, approvals and alerts.
- Enrich static information with rich data types including people, images and managed metadata tags.
Microsoft Flow automates workflow and data exchange between SharePoint and a variety of Microsoft and third-party services. Now, you can create and launch Flows directly from a SharePoint list and store and modify that data within SharePoint.
Also, with PowerApps, you can connect, create and share business apps on any device in minutes. You can build efficient mobile forms and apps directly from a SharePoint list, without needing to write code.
These enhancements will begin rolling out to Office 365 First Release customers the first week in August 2016.
Read more about this announcement here.