Understanding how users adopt and use Office 365 is critical for any Office 365 admin. Office 365 usage reports in the Office 365 admin center is one way to understand usage. To make it easy to further analyze the data and provide admins with richer and more personalized usage insights, Microsoft is today announcing Office 365 adoption content pack which enables you to visualize and analyze Office 365 usage data, create custom reports and share the insights within your organization and pivot by attributes such as location and department.
Office 365 adoption content pack dashboard is split up into four areas: Adoption, Communication, Collaboration and Activation. Admins can access detailed dashboards for each area by clicking any of the metrics. Additional reports that admins can access by clicking the tabs at the bottom of the site including the following reports:
- Yammer Usage report—Useful for organizations that are in the process of rolling out Yammer or are focused on increasing usage. The report provides helpful information about how various parts of your organization adopt Yammer as a form or communication including how many people post messages, how many consume content by liking or reading a message and how new user activation has changed over time.
- Skype for Business Usage report—Provides a consolidated view of Skype activity as well as with details about how many users leverage Skype to connect with others through peer-to-peer messages and how many communicate their ideas by participating or organizing video conferences.
- OneDrive for Business Usage report—Shows admins how users leverage OneDrive to collaborate with others in new ways. They can easily see how many users use OneDrive to share files and how many utilize it mostly for file storage. The report also includes information about how many OneDrive accounts are actively being used, and how many files are stored on average.
- SharePoint Usage report—Shows how SharePoint team sites and groups sites are being used to store files and for collaboration. The report also includes information about how many SharePoint sites are actively being used, and how many files are stored on average.
- Office 365 Top User report—Enables admins to identify Office 365 power users and the individual products they are using. Power users can often help to drive product usage by sharing their experience about how they use the products to get their work done faster and more efficiently.
Read more about this content pack here.