Microsoft today announced the preview of Security Policy Advisor, a new service that will help enterprises in improving the security of Office 365 ProPlus users. Security Policy Advisor will make recommendations based on Microsoft best practices and information about existing environment. The new Security Policy Advisor service will offer IT Admins the following:
- Tailored recommendations for specific security policies that can provide a high value in helping to raise the overall security posture of an enterprise and helping to protect against contemporary attacks.
- Rich data insights on security and productivity impact of applying a policy recommendation that can help admins weigh the benefit vs. risk of applying a policy and make a data-informed decision.
- One-click deployment of policies to end users through the recently released Office cloud policy service that enables admins to enforce Office policies straight from the cloud to any Office 365 ProPlus client without requiring on-premises infrastructure or MDM services.
- Monitoring and reporting on policy impact that allows an admin to have visibility into how a security policy recommendation is affecting users without having to wait to hear from them.
In order to use the Security Policy Advisor, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be using the Office cloud policy service and meet all the requirements for that service.
- At least version 1904 of Office 365 ProPlus.
- To create the recommendations and insights, Security Policy Advisor relies on necessary service data from Office 365 ProPlus. For more information, see Necessary service data for Office.
- The required URLs and IP address ranges properly configured on your network.