Yesterday, Microsoft announced the release of the .NET Framework 4.7. Microsoft is shipping the .NET Framework 4.7 with the Windows 10 Creators Update. Visual Studio 2017 was also updated to add support for targeting the .NET Framework 4.7. Microsoft is planning to release the .NET Framework 4.7 for additional Windows versions soon. The following Windows versions will be supported.
- Client: Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2), Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RS1), Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- Server: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The .NET Framework 4.7 comes with several improvements and dozens of bug fixes.
- High DPI support for Windows Forms applications on Windows 10
- Touch support for WPF applications on Windows 10
- Enhanced cryptography support
- Performance and reliability improvements
Find the release notes here.