Back in June, Microsoft announced several new security features that will be part of the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Microsoft is improving the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) to include integration across the entire Windows threat protection stack to protect, detect and respond with rich, centralized management. Today, Microsoft announced the public preview of this updated Windows Defender ATP service. Read about some of the new features below.
- Admins can now receive security alerts from the combined stack of Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Windows Defender Antivirus (AV), Windows Defender Firewall, Windows Defender SmartScreen, Windows Defender Device Guard and Windows Defender Exploit Guard in one place.
- Microsoft is bringing simplified management experience to System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune to manage the various Windows Security stack products.
- Detection capabilities of Windows Defender ATP are improved. Admins can now get more info on dynamic script-based attacks, network explorations, and keylogging alerts. They have also introduced automatic detection correlation and grouping of related alerts.
- The new Security Analytics dashboard helps admins to know about possible issues and actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Enterprise can now quickly create a Power BI report of their security information which will allow them to interactively analyze machines, alerts and investigation status.
Windows Defender ATP is limited to Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Education, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Education customers. You can find the full list of preview features here.