Microsoft today announced the availability of Outlook Web Access (OWA) for iPhone and OWA for iPad. These OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad are mobile apps that offer the same email, calendar, and contact functionality you get in Outlook Web App on the browser, but with additional native platform capabilities.
- Push notifications that actively notify you of new email
- Meeting reminders pop up, even when the app is closed
- Voice activated actions like scheduling a meeting or sending email
- Contact sync so that OWA contacts are recognized by the iPhone’s caller ID function
- Remote wipe capability that allows IT to delete email and calendar data in the app from the device in the event that the device gets lost or the user leaves the organization
These apps provides even more value to organizations on any Office 365 subscription that includes Exchange Online. If you are wondering about Windows Phone app, Windows Phone 8 comes with Outlook Mobile, and the Outlook Web App experience in the Windows Phone 8 browser is top-notch. So this release is for iOS devices which lacks native Outlook apps.
Read more at Exchange blog.