Microsoft Research today announced a one-year AI Residency Program for university graduates in the US and the UK that will prepare them to innovate in multiple areas of AI, including machine learning, planning, and decision making. It will offer opportunities for new graduates to build skills and experience in AI, and to work on real-world projects that takes advantage of AI technologies.
The Residency Program will give participants hands-on experience working alongside Microsoft researchers, engineers, and product teams, learning how to develop and deploy AI techniques and solutions at scale across a range of areas, such as healthcare, scientific discovery, productivity, and gaming. By the end of the Program, residents will have gained significant applied experience in AI and will be encouraged to apply for a regular position at Microsoft.
Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for this program:
- We are looking for BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with substantial coursework in, but not limited to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics, physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
- Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or C/C++/C#.
- Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is desirable.
If you are a student with above requirements, you can apply for it at 2018 Microsoft AI Residency Program website. The residency program will start in September 2018 and it will go on for one year. Microsoft will stop taking applications March 30, conduct interviews in March and April and they will notify successful candidates from April through May.