Last year, Microsoft announced several new health care related initiatives and solutions to help health industry partners and organizations to use intelligent technology to improve the lives of people around the world. Microsoft’s Healthcare NExT initiative integrated research and health technology product development, and also established a new model at Microsoft for strategic health industry partnerships. Today, Microsoft announced a number of solutions, projects and AI accelerators as a continuation of last year’s announcements. Read about them below.
- Microsoft Genomics: The general availability on Microsoft Azure, providing researchers and clinicians with highly accelerated, cloud-powered genomic processing services. The flagship partner for this launch is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Microsoft Azure Security and Compliance Blueprint: HIPAA/HITRUST – Health Data & AI: The general availability of an end-to-end application development foundation to help health organizations move to the cloud with greater simplicity, compliance, security and industry-standard compatibility.
- AI Network for Healthcare: An expansion of the Microsoft Intelligent Network for Eyecare, now AI Network for Healthcare, to create an AI-focused network in cardiology, in partnership with one of the largest health systems in India, Apollo Hospitals.
- Microsoft 365 Huddle Solution Templates: The publication of new developer templates that extend Microsoft Teams, so health teams can benefit from state-of-the-art collaboration tools to drive quality and care outcomes in Microsoft 365.
- Project Empower MD: Project EmpowerMD, a research collaboration with UPMC, will create a system that listens and learns from what doctors say and do, to dramatically reduce the burden of note-taking for physicians.
- Project InnerEye: Announcing new integrations with TeraRecon and Intuitive Surgical.
You can learn more about each of these projects here.