Microsoft today announced two new affordable feature phone devices, Nokia 105 and Nokia 105 Dual SIM. These devices will cost just $20 and will go on sale in June this year.
The new Nokia 105 has everything people loved about its previous award-winning predecessor, and comes with enhanced functionality and features. Now also available in Dual SIM variant, the new Nokia 105 allows people to do the following:
- Connect with people and businesses without great expense.
- Enjoy the features of the previous Nokia 105, and more, including these:
- Expanded storage for up to 2,000 contacts
- Enhanced audio for greater call clarity
- Increased talk time for up to 15 hours, and up to 35 days standby time1
- Refreshed sleek, durable, versatile design, available in three colors: cyan, white and black2
- Stay entertained while on the go with two free, pre-loaded games, “Snake Xenzia” and “Bubble Bash 2.”
- Keep a backup handy: Low price point, long battery life and ease of use make the new Nokia 105 an ideal companion device for existing smartphone users or people on their travels.
The new Nokia 105 and Nokia 105 Dual SIM will be available in cyan, white and black for an estimated retail price of $20 before taxes and subsidies and will begin rolling out in select markets starting in June 2015.
Tech specs summary:
|Device||Nokia 105 and Nokia 105 Dual SIM|
|Operating system||Nokia Series 30+|
|Display||1.45-inch, LCD transmissive, HighColor (16-bit/64k)|
|Battery||BL-5CB, 800mAh, replaceable|
|Talk time and standby time||Talk time: up to 15 hours (single SIM and dual SIM)|
Standby time: up to 35 days (single SIM), 25 days (dual SIM)
|Networks||Dual-band 900/1800MHz (single SIM and dual SIM)|
Dual-band 850/1900MHz (single SIM only)
|Connectivity||3.5mm AV connector, micro-USB charger|
|Dimensions and weight||108.5 x 45.5 x 14.1mm|
69.85g single SIM and 69.55g dual SIM (both including battery